[2014] Europe trip, days 1-5

     arrival + london 
Make sure to click the photos to see them in a bigger size ^ - ^
All photos were taken by me. You may only share these photos if you include proper credit (linking back to my blog), and you may NOT reproduce them in any way or claim them as yours. Thank you for understanding!


June 16th - June 20th

Hello! I went to Europe on a guided tour with my family and many strangers in the summer of 2014. We (my family) arrived a few days earlier so we stayed at a hotel for three days and ventured on our own before joining the group.

I love the way clouds look when viewed from planes ^ _ ^
At some point after our arrival, we couldn't find any bowls so we had cup noodles in wine glasses haha.
Because of time zones, two days already passed. On the third day, we started touring London on our own! Funny (and disappointing) story though. We were going to join a smalll local tour for the morning so my dad asked the hotel person how long it would take to get there. He said "45 minutes" but my dad heard "4-5" minutes...long story short, we didn't make it in time and we didn't get refunded :(

However, after that we joined a bus tour called "The Original London." Basically you pay a certain amount and you can ride a big bus to tour London, and you can hop on/off at any time! I spent my afternoon at the top of the bus and took tons of pictures. We only stopped at one place to go on the Thames River cruise.

Here are a bunch of pictures I took!






There were tons of tour buses everywhere!!


















On the day, we decided to visit Westminster Abbey! I saw photos online and it looked pretty cool. Once I got there, I was honestly amazed. It was one of my favorite places from the whole trip :)






 We went inside but we weren't allowed to take photos. It was HUGE and had statues and marble (I think) and it was just really beautiful :D

We also went to Buckingham Palace. There was some scenery before that ;u;










On the next day, we met up with the tour group! We went to Westminster Abbey again but didn't get to go in, which is fine because my family went the day before :)

We also went to Buckingham Palace but we got to watch the changing of the guards this time (we didn't yesterday).






We also went into the Tower of London!




If I remember correctly, someone important was either beheaded on this pillow or one like it (maybe this was modeled after it?) Maybe a queen or something...? Anyways, the story is that when she was going to be executed, the executioner felt bad for her so he pretended to accidentally drop his sword, distracting her. When she turned to talk with one of her friends, he did the deed so she didn't see it coming.

Finally, we went to our hotel! This was the best hotel out of the whole trip. It was a fairly large room (should've taken pictures, sorry) and the view was magnificent from the window ^ - ^


The sunlight looked amazing too ;u; But wow...the view really was amazing.






Evening view of Tower Bridge! It's probably the most beautiful bridge I've seen in my life.



We're headed to Brussels tomorrow. I wonder what's in store for us there? Until next time! Thank you for reading this, and I hope you all have a wonderful day ^ _ ^



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Follow Krisafitsa!

If you click on any post, there will be a "join this site" button on the left of the page. All you need is a Google account (if you have a Gmail, that counts).

One page at a time

“The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page.” – Saint Augustine

Meet The Author

Hello there! I'm Amaris. This blog is mostly for travels and photography, but also small adventures with friends. All photos on this blog are taken by me. You can share them ONLY if you include credit, and you may NOT reproduce them in any way. I hope you have a wonderful day! ^ _ ^ [ ]