[Mini-Guide] Food in Taipei!



all about food!

Make sure to click the photos to see them in a bigger size ^ - ^
All photos were taken by me. You may only share these photos if you include proper credit (linking back to my blog), and you may NOT reproduce them in any way or claim them as yours. Thank you for understanding!

Hi everyone! This post will cover all the cute/interesting food I ate in Taipei. If you're interested in going to Taipei, I hope this post will be useful to you ♥

These posts are not in any order!

1) Dazzling Cafe

I heard about this place from a friend (someone that tutored me, actually) so I decided to check it out! It's known for its toast. I'm not too sure how to explain it, but it's very tasty. I thought I wouldn't like it much since toast isn't my thing, but the way they made it was amazing and it tasted great!

The cafe wasn't too fancy but I guess it's more fancy than cute. It was packed with people and we had to wait a few minutes before sitting down. Still, it's pretty good since we went on a weekend (or Friday night, I forgot).

Rating: 9/10



2) Glam Air

Personally, I think this was more about the photos than the taste. This cotton candy ice cream is super cute, but the taste wasn't too special. It's basically three puffs of cotton candy, and after you finish eating that, all that's left is vanilla ice cream.
It was still a nice experience but this is definitely a place I'd only go to once. Also, there's no place to sit since it's not a restaurant or a cafe. It's in a mall (one of the underground/basement floors) and it's kind of just in the center of things.

Rating: 7/10

3) Unnamed Cafe

Okay, this place isn't unnamed but I'm not sure what it's called. If I find out, I'll definitely update this post! Anyways, it's a cozy cafe in Taipei. I've been there twice, and these are the two pictures from it.

It's very comfortable and there are always people reading or on their laptops, so you can stay there for awhile.


I ordered hot chocolate both times and loved the taste ^ _ ^

Rating: 8/10

4) Hello Kitty Sweets Cafe

This was my favorite food place of all! I found out about it online and to be honest, I saw some people say that it didn't taste great. One of my cousins had gone here before when it just opened, and she said it didn't taste good either. HOWEVER, she later said that the restaurant probably got better over time, and that's definitely true when I got there.

Everything was super cute (food, tables, walls, etc) and I loved all of it! The food tasted either good or great in my opinion.

And this pizza was delicious!






Rating: 10/10

5. Honey Creme

This was a small and cute shop. It specializes in honey, so I got vanilla ice cream + honey. It tasted pretty good but if I had to go again, I'd probably get the kind with honey and vanilla already mixed together so that the honey/vanilla ratio is proportionate ^^
Rating: 9/10

6) Aranzi Cafe

This cafe was really cute as well!
This was my drink. It tasted all right, but I don't think it was too spectacular.

And this was my dinner. The food and design of everything was really cute, but the taste was just all right to me and my cousins.


It's not a place you HAVE to go to but it'd probably be a nice place to go if you're not sure where to have lunch/dinner one day.

Rating: 8/10

7. Topo+ Cafe

I was super excited for this place after seeing it online, and it was still cool when I got there but it didn't quite meet my expectations. I saw pictures online about how it was surrounded by water, and how you could "watch fish swim around you while you ate."

There was a place with fish, but it wasn't quite what I expected. For example, I saw this photo online (the only photo here that isn't mine):

And I thought that was a table you could sit at. I mean, I thought that was a table bench and the table top was above that, cropped out of the picture. However, it turned out to be stairs.

And there's kind of this small line that goes through the cafe. It's water, and you can see a few fish swim through. You're definitely not "surrounded" by fish and water though. Still, it's a nice concept!
My drink was good at first, but the taste got weird. I remember there's caramel but I forgot what else was in it.

Dessert was good, though!
Rating: 7/10

8) Modern Toilet Cafe

This place was the most unique of all. Everything here is toilet-themed. That goes for seats, lamps, the sink where you wash your hands, the menu...practically everything you can think of.

The food wasn't amazing but it was good enough! The uniqueness of the place really captivates people.

And they even provide a little plastic poop (not to keep) for you to take pictures with.
This dessert was crazy (size, amount of stuff, etc) but the taste was just all right.

Rating: 9/10

9) Some cute food place

Unfortunately, I don't know the name of the place either. All I know is that it was in a mall/shopping center. A certain floor is completely dedicated to food, and the designs of each and every restaurant is amazing! There seems to be a "time" theme (and kind of Alice in Wonderland feel) at some parts.

We sat under this, and it was the best seat in the restaurant we chose.
Even if you don't want to eat anything, it's pretty cool just walking around and looking at everything. It's just so cute!

My cousin and I came back a second time, and we had this dessert at Movenpick.
Rating: 10/10

Thanks for checking out this post! If you visit Taipei sometime, I hope this post can be of great help to you if you're interested in food ^ _^

Hope you have a wonderful day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Follow Krisafitsa!

If you click on any post, there will be a "join this site" button on the left of the page. All you need is a Google account (if you have a Gmail, that counts).

One page at a time

“The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page.” – Saint Augustine

Meet The Author

Hello there! I'm Amaris. This blog is mostly for travels and photography, but also small adventures with friends. All photos on this blog are taken by me. You can share them ONLY if you include credit, and you may NOT reproduce them in any way. I hope you have a wonderful day! ^ _ ^ [ ]