[2016] Taipei Trip, Days 8-10


upside down house, art session, and more



Make sure to click the photos to see them in a bigger size ^ - ^
All photos were taken by me. You may only share these photos if you include proper credit (linking back to my blog), and you may NOT reproduce them in any way or claim them as yours. Thank you for understanding!

Hi everyone! Hope you're all doing well :)

I went to Huashan 1914 Creative Park last year (you can find the post here) and ever since I left, I knew I wanted to go back. I finally got the opportunity on the eighth day of my trip!

The park contains various special exhibits, small stores, food places, and more. You can easily spend a whole afternoon here. There's always something to do!

When my cousin took me this time, the park had the amazing Upside Down House.

After hearing about it online, I decided to come by. Admission was cheap enough, and at the end you can even get a stamp allowing you to come back on the same day!


 Aside from the stairs and small things such as fire extinguishers and other emergency-related objects. everything in the house was upside down. Everything was attached to the ceiling, and people kept posing under things.
It was a bit crowded but not too bad. We went on Friday, so I imagine it would be even more crowded on weekends.


The workers inside helped to take pictures, but at times we had to stand in a line to wait to get our picture taken.

 The view from the windows in the house was great, too :)



 There was a cute cafe attached to the house, and it had a small gift shop inside.



 My cousin ordered this! I'm not completely sure what it was, but it tasted pretty good.

Before leaving the park, we wandered through some stores and stumbled across Woopapers. I didn't ask how they worked but I know that plants grow from the paper.



 At night, our family ate near the Grand Hotel. It's a famous landmark of Taipei that world leaders have visited!
 When day nine rolled around, two of my cousins took me to an art session/"class."

This building is unrelated to the art session but I loved the colors!
Honestly I was nervous because I have close to zero art talent, although I love looking at artwork. But painting in this "class" was actually really fun!
 The teacher showcased a piece of art and told us that we'd be painting it. She then walked us step by step through the process.

This was my finished product...better than I expected, but I think I could've done better!

 I didn't do much on the tenth day except have dinner with family, but we passed by some cool things on the way there.



Thanks for checking out this post ^_^ Hope you have a wonderful day!

Also, I should be getting Hello Kitty Shabu Shabu on Wednesday. I'm pretty excited for that!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Follow Krisafitsa!

If you click on any post, there will be a "join this site" button on the left of the page. All you need is a Google account (if you have a Gmail, that counts).

One page at a time

“The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page.” – Saint Augustine

Meet The Author

Hello there! I'm Amaris. This blog is mostly for travels and photography, but also small adventures with friends. All photos on this blog are taken by me. You can share them ONLY if you include credit, and you may NOT reproduce them in any way. I hope you have a wonderful day! ^ _ ^ [ ]