[2016] Taiwan Trip, Days 20-23




zhong se flower market, high heel church, carton king, and more!


Make sure to click the photos to see them in a bigger size ^ - ^
All photos were taken by me. You may only share these photos if you include proper credit (linking back to my blog), and you may NOT reproduce them in any way or claim them as yours. Thank you for understanding!

Hello! I hope you're doing well :) This post is probably one of my favorites!

By the way, I made a vlog (my very first!) about Zhong Se Flower Market, the High Heel Church, and a night market that I went to. Check it out here! :D

I went to Zhong Se Flower Market, which is now one of my favorite places in Taiwan. 
When I first got there, I was disappointed because it just seemed like ordinary flower shop/market. After walking through it and reaching the back, I was astonished. Sadly my pictures don't do the place justice, but the place was really was beautiful.








I wanted to sit on the swing but the path to it was muddy due to rain earlier in the morning :(



These replica pianos were my favorite! Sadly you can't play them because they aren't real, but they're great for photo ops :)



After that, we went to the "High Heel Church."

I don't think it's really a church but it's a place where people take couple/wedding photos. You're technically not allowed to get close to the church (I didn't) but many people broke the rules.
You can walk in a circle around the shoe, and there are plenty of opportunities for photo ops there!




This photo is just from the night market I went to. More about that in the vloghttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCPp1e8Z_sQ ^_^
 We went to Rainbow Village, or Caihongjuan Village. I took some pictures here but I decided not to include them.

People seem to have mixed feelings about this place. I personally didn't enjoy it, though I greatly appreciate the story behind the place. Other people love it. All I can say is that it's not a must-see destination for me, and I wouldn't go back again. The area was much smaller than I thought it'd be, and it was very crowded.

But if you like the photos you see online and you happen to be in the area, feel free to go check it out! It's still a unique place, just not one suited for me and the people I traveled with.

.
.
.
Later in the day we went to Carton King, which was absolutely amazing! It's a bit complicated to explain what this place is, so I'll do my best.

 Most of the things in here are made with paper/carton, though sometimes it was hard to tell what was and what wasn't. A website describes this place as:

"A themed restaurant located inside the Carton King Creativity Park in Taichung City, the furnishings, decorations and crockery are all made of corrugated cardboard!" (source)
 It's a pretty big area. You can eat here and buy souvenirs, but it's mostly for looking around. It's like a park, and it's very unique.
 Plenty of places to take pictures here!




 I took more videos than photos here. I'll link my vlog when I put it up :)
 The last place I went to in Taiwan was the Rilakkuma Cafe. I made a vlog about it if you'd like to check it out! :) 





 My drink. Can you see the top of the Rilakkuma ice cube? *o*
 This was my dinner! Too cute.


I hope you enjoyed this post ^_^ Hope you have a nice day!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Follow Krisafitsa!

If you click on any post, there will be a "join this site" button on the left of the page. All you need is a Google account (if you have a Gmail, that counts).

One page at a time

“The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page.” – Saint Augustine

Meet The Author

Hello there! I'm Amaris. This blog is mostly for travels and photography, but also small adventures with friends. All photos on this blog are taken by me. You can share them ONLY if you include credit, and you may NOT reproduce them in any way. I hope you have a wonderful day! ^ _ ^ [ ]