[2014] Tijuana Trip


w/ st julie's tijuana ministry

Make sure to click the photos to see them in a bigger size ^ - ^
All photos were taken by me. You may only share these photos if you include proper credit (linking back to my blog), and you may NOT reproduce them in any way or claim them as yours. Thank you for understanding!

Hi everyone! I hope you're all doing well. This post is about the second Tijuana trip which took place in 2014.

Just like the third year, I only worked in the Children's Program. The crafts for this year were the best in my opinion o u o

Monday - Tissue paper doves and crosses! I really liked the colors that I used.

A note about the Children's Program: there are several rooms (or tables, if we're on the second site) dedicated to this and each room/table has a different craft. The crafts I describe here are only the ones that I was in charge of. Other crafts took place in different rooms ^ _ ^


A cat hung around the second site and the kids would always want to pet it.


Some kids took their crafts home but others would ask if we could stick them on the walls :D
Tuesday - Stained glass tissue paper hearts. This was probably my favorite craft of all time!







Wednesday - Tissue paper flowers! We had the intention of putting them in these paper bags (super cute) but the flowers would just fall out so it didn't really work.
I made these two ^^
My friend made a beautiful lotus flower!

There are always a few stray dogs and we're not supposed to touch them (I didn't) but I always feel bad for them..

Thursday - Paper plate jellyfish! This was pretty cute and fun to make.

The one I made reminded me of Kyubey from Madoka Magica...

On Friday, my friend and I helped deliver lunches to the construction sites, and we visited the houses for house blessings. House blessings happen after the houses are built, and a priest (one of the volunteers) blesses the home and gives the keys to the family. It's very powerful to watch ^^


Thanks for checking out this post! I hope you have a wonderful day ahead of you <3


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Follow Krisafitsa!

If you click on any post, there will be a "join this site" button on the left of the page. All you need is a Google account (if you have a Gmail, that counts).

One page at a time

“The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page.” – Saint Augustine

Meet The Author

Hello there! I'm Amaris. This blog is mostly for travels and photography, but also small adventures with friends. All photos on this blog are taken by me. You can share them ONLY if you include credit, and you may NOT reproduce them in any way. I hope you have a wonderful day! ^ _ ^ [ ]