[2013] Tijuana Trip



w/ st. julie's tijuana ministry



Make sure to click the photos to see them in a bigger size ^ - ^
All photos were taken by me. You may only share these photos if you include proper credit (linking back to my blog), and you may NOT reproduce them in any way or claim them as yours. Thank you for understanding!

Hello! This post will cover the first year of my Tijuana Trip. I worked in Children's Program most of the time, but I also helped in construction for half a day.

We departed on Saturday and we visited Friendship Park on Sunday as an excursion. We didn't go in 2014 or 2015.

Here, we saw something that borders the US and Mexico.


The words "situational irony" really hit me when I saw these bubbles against something with such a painful connotation (the bars).
On the way back, we drove past this. The photo doesn't do it justice, really. There were hundreds (maybe thousands?) of crosses, and each represents someone that died trying to get across the border.

To the crafts, now.

Monday - Paper doves!

Tuesday - Air-dry clay! We already had the clay prepared, and we let the kids play around with it. 

I made the weird thing in the middle o_o
In the beginning, we had these three samples. However...

It became this at the end of the day! We even had some on the ground with another piece of paper.

I honestly forgot what Wednesday's craft was but it involved eyes. Maybe it was similar to the paper plate jellyfish in 2014?

Thursday - Tissue paper! We let the kids put tissue paper on different shapes.
And now a peek at construction ;u;


This photo is hard to see, but I like it a lot. A local kid used chalk to draw two flags: America's and Mexico's. Someone told me that the kid drew it to symbolize the bond between the two due to the trip. That was pretty cool ^ _ ^
Friday's craft was clothespin animals! It was mostly fish I think.

At the end of each trip, we give gifts to the kids (mostly school supplies). It was awesome seeing how excited the kids were!

Thank you for checking out this post! I hope you have a wonderful day ^^


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Follow Krisafitsa!

If you click on any post, there will be a "join this site" button on the left of the page. All you need is a Google account (if you have a Gmail, that counts).

One page at a time

“The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page.” – Saint Augustine

Meet The Author

Hello there! I'm Amaris. This blog is mostly for travels and photography, but also small adventures with friends. All photos on this blog are taken by me. You can share them ONLY if you include credit, and you may NOT reproduce them in any way. I hope you have a wonderful day! ^ _ ^ [ ]